South Australian practitioner owned and operated for over 30 years, sportsmed is an industry leading private orthopaedic hospital, day surgery and multi-disciplinary outpatient clinic provider offering patients access to modern and innovative healthcare in state-of-the-art facilities. Following an organisational restructure and formulation of a new strategic plan, the opportunity now exists to appoint a Director – People & Culture to help design and lead the execution of the people and culture strategy, with a key focus on organisational training and development, safety and wellbeing and with direct responsibility for a people focussed business unit.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a key member of the Executive Team, this diverse and pivotal role will be responsible for contributing to the organisation’s strategic growth through contemporary workforce planning processes across the business teams of the orthopaedic clinic and hospital. Other key aspects of the role include:
- managing all aspects of the P&C portfolio including recruitment, leadership development, performance management, ER and IR matters, training and development and safety and wellbeing of human capital;
- acting as the key internal advisor to the Executive Team and Board on all P&C matters;
- driving workforce capability and cultural change across the organisation;
- ensuring human resources, employee relations and administrative services maximise human capital;
- reviewing, developing, and enforcing HR/WHS policies and practices;
- building and maintaining relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified HR professionals with demonstrated management experience in a similar role, ideally within a comparably client focussed human or professional services environment. Health industry experience is desired but not essential. The successful candidate will be approachable, well organised and able to juggle multiple priorities and expectations, with an unwavering commitment to internal and external customer service. Authenticity, strong leadership and excellent communication skills are also integral qualities sought. The ability to demonstrate a preparedness to both scope and pragmatically deliver initiatives will be highly regarded.
This is an excellent opportunity to add value to a respected and successful South Australian organisation that prides itself on creating the best patient care and experience.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit sportsmed.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Hannah Way and Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.