Pilgrim Uniting Church (Pilgrim) is a part of the Uniting Church in Australia, which was formed by the Union of the Methodist, Congregational and Presbyterian Churches. Situated in the centre of the CBD, Pilgrim’s mission is to generate new life and vitality in the City of Adelaide. As part of this, Pilgrim provides a safe meeting place for people who are not often seen or heard, enabling them to share their stories with the Church.
Reporting to the Business Manager and working closely with the Pilgrim Church Council and the Communications and Media Committee, this newly created role will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive communications and media strategy. Other key aspects of the role include:
- conducting a comprehensive review of the existing digital and social media presence and developing and implementing appropriate responses in collaboration with the Committee;
- positioning Pilgrim in a positive and proactive manner to increase its profile across the city of Adelaide and the wider Church;
- producing informative and creative content across a range of platforms to support community engagement;
- effectively managing relationships and building networks with media and key community members;
- working collaboratively with key internal stakeholders including committees, the Church Council, staff and a dedicated volunteer base;
- ensuring continuous improvement by monitoring and reporting on communication and branding analytics to inform key decisions.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and proven marketing communication professionals with demonstrated experience in developing and executing communication and media strategies and activities. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong stakeholder engagement and community partnering skills and the ability to stay abreast of contemporary social media, audio visual and website management trends. High level interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, strategic thinking capability and a genuine warmth will be important to ensure success in this role.
This position is offered on a part-time basis (0.6 FTE). Flexible working hours, days and remote working opportunities will be negotiated in order to secure the right candidate.
Applications should be addressed to Hannah Way. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Hannah on (08) 8100 8849.