Blackfriars Priory School is the only school in Australia founded by the Dominican Friars. The mission and vision of Blackfriars remains faithful to the search for Truth (Veritas) as lived and taught by the Order of Preachers (Dominicans), founded by Saint Dominic in Toulouse, France, over 800 years ago. The philosophy of Blackfriars is to educate in the pursuit of truth through a life of contemplation, study and action. Blackfriars is a Christ-centred Eucharistic community and this is reflected in all facets of its learning and teaching including an active prayer life and a passion for knowledge, ministry, justice, peace, equality and pastoral care.
Blackfriars has, under the current Principal Simon Cobiac and the School Board, transformed the School’s landscape and facilities, inspired a warm and connected community, and demonstrably advanced its commitment to excellence in teaching and learning. Regrettably, Simon Cobiac will retire at the end of 2021. On behalf of the Dominican Friars, the School Board now enthusiastically invites candidates who are driven by a passion to serve to apply for the role of Principal to:
- provide a transformative and leading learning environment;
- inspire a thirst for learning, where boys develop as resilient, connected and engaged young men;
- harness meaningful and inclusive relationships across the School community;
- sustainably manage the physical and financial resources of the School;
- lead and empower a team of dedicated and progressive professionals to deliver on the above and much more, as inspired by the School’s new strategic plan.
This opportunity will be right for an extraordinary leader who is principled in their Catholic faith, willing to embrace the Dominican tradition, is exceptional and experienced in executive leadership qualities, passionate about the education and wellbeing of boys, capable of furthering the enviable reputation of the School, and who will inspire and foster a community that is engaged in local and global partnerships.
For further information on our client, please visit blackfriars.sa.edu.au
Applications should be submitted to Andrew Reed and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.