The SA Housing Authority (the Authority) is committed to a modern, sustainable, integrated and effective housing system, to provide better housing choices for South Australians. The Authority is working with the housing and homelessness sector to implement Our Housing Future 2020-2030, the State’s new 10-year housing strategy. It is a long term strategy to make sustainable change by boosting the supply of affordable housing and reducing housing stress, reform homelessness support, modernise the social housing system and support well-functioning and inclusive communities.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, Property Development and Maintenance, this key leadership role is responsible for:
- planning and delivering the Authority’s annual capital works program;
- leading a team of highly qualified internal and external project managers to deliver the program;
- developing and implementing robust, agile project management, procurement and contract management systems to enable projects to be delivered in accordance with the organisation’s strategic and business plans;
- working with developers and the property sector to identify and implement innovative housing opportunities to increase the supply and quality of the Authority’s housing stock and release affordable housing to the market;
- through procurement opportunities, partnering with local industry to increase the capacity and capability of a skilled workforce;
- providing strategic advice to the Executive Director.
Applications are invited from experienced leaders, with superior communication, negotiation, contract management, change management and strategic thinking skills. Proven strong project management capabilities including governance, financial management, risk management and control mechanisms, together with a successful record of performance against business objectives, is essential. With an understanding of the capital works and construction life cycle, the successful candidate will demonstrate experience in capital works programming and the delivery of multiple projects, as well as the programming and management of construction programs. Relevant formal qualifications in engineering, project management or similar are essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to delivering better housing choices for South Australians.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit housing.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.