Good News Lutheran College is situated on 20 acres in Tarneit, approximately 30km South West of the Melbourne CBD. The College has grown significantly from its opening in 1997 with its first class of Year 12s graduating at the end of 2016. Student enrolments now exceed 1,000 with significant wait lists for all year levels.
Due to a recent vacancy, the College is now looking to appoint an innovative and energetic educator, passionate about primary schooling, to the position of Head of Junior Years. Reporting directly to the Principal and sitting on the Executive Leadership Team, this role will have responsibilities including:
- effectively leading and managing day-to-day operations, providing leadership and vision for the future;
- leading the Junior Years Team in the development of a culture of excellence, promoting continuous improvement in student engagement and learning;
- supporting the Christian ethos of the College;
- ensuring student pastoral pathways through the Junior Years are well mapped and provide effective options for all students to achieve success;
- using regularly collected student achievement and learning behaviour data to identify appropriate interventions and programme improvements within the Junior Years;
- a small teaching load approximately 0.2 FTE.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and experienced individuals with excellent communication, public presentation, leadership, mentoring, coaching, strategic planning and change management skills complemented by warmth, integrity and authenticity. A genuine motivation to embrace the Christian ethos of the College will be vital as will the energy and passion necessary to engage with, champion and inspire the College community.
This position will be expected to commence as of Term 1 2021.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit www.goodnews.vic.edu.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8827.