The City of Salisbury is one of South Australia’s largest and most progressive Councils, serving a growing community of 137,000 residents in a region of ever increasing economic and social importance to the State’s future. With a turnover around $120m, assets of $1.8b and a significant focus on progressive community engagement and partnerships, the City has an exciting future focussed on enhancing the economic, community and sustainability agendas.
This key role reports to and works closely with the General Manager Business Excellence and is responsible for leading a team of contract and procurement professionals working for the benefit of the organisation and the community. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- upholding the Council’s values of being Respectful, Accountable, Collaborative and Helpful;
- provision of high-level strategic procurement, market and contract advice across the organisation;
- leading the formulation of contemporary category and sourcing strategies, including, but not limited to, in or outsourcing, contestability and outcomes based contracts;
- negotiating effective and commercially sound contracts and strategic supplier arrangements;
- providing strategic direction and organisational leadership for the Strategic Procurement Division in its transformation to a more strategically and commercially focussed team;
- ensuring the Strategic Procurement Division presents with professionalism to benefit the organisation and community through enhanced stakeholder relationship management;
- supporting the delivery of the $100m capital budget for the 20/21 and 21/22 financial years to maximise delivery of key outcomes.
Applications are sought from procurement or contract management professionals with demonstrated experience in developing and managing procurement services in a comparably large and complex environment. A collaborative interpersonal style, superior communication and negotiation skills, strong business and commercial acumen, and a strategic and creative mindset along with sound project and change management skills will be essential. Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline will be highly regarded.
As one of the most significant roles of its kind in South Australia, this is a truly amazing opportunity for a procurement professional to make a direct contribution to the City of Salisbury and the greater community.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below and for further information on our client, please visit salisbury.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8849.