- Based in the beautiful Barossa Valley
- Excellence in strategic retail leadership
- Multi-dimensional department store profile
About the Barossa Co-op
Established in 1944, with a footprint of nine stores and employing over 300 staff, the Barossa Community Co-operative Store is the largest retail co-operative in Australia. They are a little unique at the Barossa Co-op – they are not owned by one person or silent shareholders, but by over 18,000 active members, who contribute to the focus on exploring the delivery of better outcomes for customers, members and the community.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Business Leader of the Lifestyle Division is a key member of the tight-knit senior leadership team and will take responsibility for:
- expediting the vision and strategic direction across all business units of the Lifestyle Division with energy and a passion for excellence;
- providing inspired leadership to develop, deliver and drive operational continuous improvement activities across the Lifestyle Division – promoting trade success and financial viability;
- building robust commercial outcomes to further strengthen the Barossa Co-op;
- delivering high levels of customer commitment and integrity, influencing growth outcomes for the Division.
Skills and experience
Applications are encouraged from highly experienced retail leaders with relevant tertiary qualifications and/or commensurate demonstrated experience in lieu of. Other critical qualities sought include strong merchandise experience, positive change and people leadership skills, retail and commercial acumen, project management and high-level reporting and communication skills. Pragmatism, intuition, objectivity, energy, credibility and authenticity are also important qualities sought.
The Barossa Co-op’s values as a community co-operative are as important as their profits. A remuneration package reflecting the importance of the role will be offered to a high calibre individual keen to join this renowned and iconic organisation.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit barossa.coop
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.