Water Research Australia Limited (WaterRA) is a not-for-profit, member driven, national company limited by guarantee with a key role in the Australian water industry. WaterRA works with and through its Members (water industry, researchers, regulators) and trusted partners to create, manage, share, extend and translate collaborative research into real solutions for the water sector. While its head office is located in Adelaide, WaterRA currently also has a presence in Bendigo, Melbourne and Sydney and has a truly national influence.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for an Independent Chair to lead the Board. The Chair is directly accountable to the WaterRA Board and WaterRA Members as specified in the WaterRA Constitution. Key responsibilities include:
- consolidating and enhancing the reputation of WaterRA and maintaining the vision, mission and values;
- ensuring that correct governance is provided to ensure the Board is effective in the discharge of its fiduciary duties and supervisory role;
- governing an efficient organisation through the leadership of the CEO;
- facilitating the effective contribution of all Directors;
- promoting a constructive and respectful relationship between Board Members, management and staff to ensure alignment of effort;
- ensuring that Member engagement is ongoing and stakeholder relationships are built and retained;
- guiding the strategic growth and sustainability of the organisation.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified governance professionals with strong commercial acumen, a deep understanding and experience with contemporary governance and strategic planning capabilities, complemented by superior communication, innovative thinking and stakeholder management skills. A strong focus on and expertise in developing and maintaining effective relationships with government, research organisations and private sector entities are all essential qualities sought. Experience in water or a highly comparable industry will naturally be a distinct advantage, but is negotiable.
Make an enquiry to explore the chance to influence strategy for this key organisation supporting a vital sector.
For a specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below and for further information on our client, please visit waterra.com.au
Applications close 5:00pm (ACDT) Tuesday, 3 December 2019. Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.