The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading universities. It has an international reputation for research and training and, with revenue around $1b and staff of around 3,500, is a major employer in South Australia. It now seeks an accomplished governance professional for the role of Director, Governance Services at a pivotal time for the University and the sector.
Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor and working closely with the Chancellor, this newly created critical role will lead and manage the Governance Services portfolio. Key responsibilities include:
- providing specialist governance support to University Council and Council Committees as well as high quality governance advice to key stakeholders;
- leading the development, implementation and review of governance changes necessitated by changes of legislation, accreditation requirements and best practice guidelines;
- ensuring the effective and efficient operations of Governance Services;
- establishing and maintaining strong and effective internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- engaging with external professional bodies to ensure the University's governance practices are externally benchmarked and remain fit for purpose;
- managing and leading staff to promote continuous improvement.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified legal and governance professionals with demonstrated experience in leading a team to support enterprise-wide governance services in a large, complex and highly regulated environment. The ability to analyse and synthesize complex information will be essential qualities sought, as will strong interpersonal skills and high-level communication capabilities. Whilst not essential, contemporary and working knowledge of the Australian Higher Education sector will be well regarded, as will experience within University governance frameworks. Experience in the oversight of projects and the ability to adapt and respond to competing priorities in a fast-paced environment will be critical.
A remuneration package reflecting the importance of the role will be offered to a high calibre individual keen to join this iconic organisation in an unprecedented period of change.
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.