Peninsula Ports is a growing company responsible for a 2-year deep water grain terminal project at Port Spencer on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. A unique opportunity has been created for a Chief Engineer to drive the port building project as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team.
The port is ideally situated to provide Eyre Peninsula grain growers with an efficient and state of the art logistics solution, creating global competitiveness and thereby contributing to the overall economic health of the State. This pivotal position reports directly to the CEO, with key responsibilities including:
- taking full accountability for completing the final design and execution of the project safely, on time and within budget;
- being the primary point of contact for the Managing Contractor and key sub-contractors;
- leading the implementation of quality project management practices, including design reviews, value engineering, stage gates, project approvals, contractor management, cost control, scheduling and risk management;
- setting the accountability culture for the project and ensuring ownership of and responsibility for the agreed objectives;
- presenting to the Peninsula Ports Board and key stakeholders on progress and performance;
- leading and motivating the engineering, construction and asset management teams.
The successful candidate will be a qualified professional engineer and have outstanding leadership skills combined with a demonstrated track record of successfully delivering major projects, ideally with a construction focus. Whilst experience in the construction of deep seaports is highly desirable, professionals with comparable experience are also encouraged to apply. The ability to drive performance, combined with the experience and resilience required to work with diverse stakeholders within a dynamic organisation, will be pivotal to success.
This key infrastructure project for South Australia will leave a legacy for years to come. As one of the most significant engineering roles in the State, it will best suit a candidate with the credibility, integrity and commercial and political acumen necessary to deliver a high quality outcome.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit peninsulaports.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Justin on (08) 8100 8827.Please note: Your application will be automatically acknowledged by return email.