In 2017, the Federal Government established Australian Naval Infrastructure (ANI), to design, construct and operate the shipyard infrastructure needed to deliver complex warships and submarines on a continuous build basis. ANI has commenced a major expansion and upgrade of the Osborne Naval Shipbuilding facilities to enable the build of major surface combatant warships, and is working collaboratively with Naval Group and Defence to progress planning for the future submarine yard.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced finance professional to join this commercial enterprise based at Osborne, 30 minutes drive from the Adelaide CBD. Reporting to the Financial Controller (FC), this important Senior Business Analyst role has responsibility for:
- supporting the FC in meeting ANI’s statutory and management reporting obligations;
- supporting the business in relation to procurement, accounts receivable, accounts payable and project cost control activities, while maintaining various tax obligations;
- maintaining sound financial processes and procedures including operating the financial reporting system;
- assisting in preparation of the annual budget and monitoring results;
- providing timely financial analysis and insights to members of the ANI team to facilitate effective decision making;
- assisting with the development of the short-term and long-term organisational plan and strategy, while identifying strategies for business improvement.
The successful candidate will ideally be CA/CPA qualified with 3-5 years (or equivalent) experience in a comparable in-house or Big Four commercial type environment, having used finance systems and provided support and advise to senior executives and managers. Experience in infrastructure, utilities or other asset rich or project focussed domains will be highly regarded. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with ability to interpret complex financial and account problems, are essential attributes.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity in a growth industry and will suit a candidate with the credibility, integrity and commercial acumen necessary to provide corporate support in delivering a world class shipbuilding precinct as a flagship development for the Australian economy.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit ani.com.au
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Justin Hinora by email to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Justin or Emily Taliangis on (08) 8100 8849.