The Community Co-operative Store (Nuriootpa) Ltd was formed in 1944 as a general store owned by, and operated on behalf of, its members. Today the business comprises nine retail businesses, sales turnover that exceeds $60m and more than 23,000 members in the Barossa Valley region.
Reporting to the CEO, the Merchandise Manager will be part of the Executive Team and accountable for optimising the buying skills of team members responsible for the selection and performance of merchandise across the Co-op’s nine retail businesses. Key responsibilities include:
- contributing to the development of the organisation’s strategic objectives;
- optimising customer satisfaction reflected through the volume and quality of sales;
- maximising stockturns ensuring inventory investment is optimised;
- working with business unit buyers to identify market opportunities and introduce new products, brands and suppliers;
- ensuring promotional programs are aligned with merchandise strategy objectives;
- reviewing major supplier trading term agreements and renegotiating as required;
- mentoring business unit buyers in the development of merchandise strategies.
Success will require an understanding of customer needs, supplier offers and operations in each market and an understanding of the business systems capabilities in each business unit.
Applications are encouraged from accomplished buying professionals with experience in the retail sector. Excellent communication, negotiation and relationship building skills, demonstrated leadership and mentoring abilities and a high level of commercial acumen will be required. Tertiary qualifications in purchasing, supply or an equivalent discipline are ideal but not essential.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to this iconic organisation directly contributing to the Barossa Valley community.
For a job and person specification please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit barossa.coop
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8827.