Kingston Estate Wines is recognised as an international, award winning leader in supplying high quality wines across the world. They make and mature all of their wine at the company’s state of the art winery in the Riverland. A rare and exciting opportunity has now emerged for a Laboratory Manager to join Kingston Estate’s passionate team in the centre of the Riverland wine region of South Australia.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the primary focus of this role is to manage the general operations of the laboratory. Key responsibilities include:
- providing analytical and technical support to the organisation;
- operating the laboratory in accordance with ISO17025;
- interpreting directives from upper management and translating them to staff as departmental objectives and targets;
- planning and allocating resources and staff to efficiently and effectively meet departmental productivity and quality goals;
- planning, implementing and maintaining work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage optimum performance;
- troubleshooting issues that may arise with lab equipment, arranging for the repairs of any faulty equipment, and acquiring any additional equipment or supplies that may be required;
- managing technical laboratory equipment, including scheduling of service and repairs.
The successful candidate must have a strong background in a laboratory setting, ideally with NATA accreditation. Excellent leadership and management capabilities, together with the ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, high attention to detail and a high level of proficiency in MSExcel, are all essential. Experience in the food or wine industry will be highly regarded. This role may suit either a seasoned laboratory manager or an experienced technician with demonstrated potential to take the next step in their career.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit kingstonestatewines.com
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Justin Hinora or Christian Gaszner by email to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8830.