The Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA) leads, supports, represents and advocates for the independent sector in South Australia to enhance the success, sustainability and strength of its member schools. AISSA is committed to diversity, integrity, excellence and expertise in education.
After 10 years of outstanding leadership, the current Chief Executive, Carolyn Grantskalns, will retire late 2022. The person appointed to this important role will have the exciting opportunity to build on her legacy. Reporting to and working closely with the AISSA Board, the Chief Executive is responsible for:
- formulating and implementing strategy to deliver on the organisation’s Strategic Intentions;
- leading and managing the dedicated AISSA staff in the provision of critical services;
- advocating for the sector as a champion and spokesperson for the diverse spectrum of South Australian independent schools;
- responding to the needs of the independent schools sector, especially in relation to critical incidents;
- maintaining and enhancing strong relationships with a wide variety of public and private stakeholders; and
- leading the implementation of sound risk and financial management.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and experienced professionals with the political and commercial acumen to navigate an ever-changing education sector. Well-developed stakeholder negotiation, advocacy and relationship building skills, strategic thinking, authenticity, integrity and empathy will also be key requirements for success in the role. While extensive education leadership experience and education sector credibility and expertise with a nuanced understanding of independent schools and related entities will be a distinct advantage, applications are also welcome from accomplished executives working in comparable domains.
This is a rare and career defining opportunity to make a significant contribution to a key sector in SA.
A job and person specification will be available on request. For further information on our client, please visit ais.sa.edu.au.
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Bernie Dyer on (08) 8100 8827.