For over 75 years Bedford Group has been the employer of choice for people with disability in South Australia. Bedford is now embarking on an exciting strategic shift through significant capital investment to create new jobs, new facilities, new accommodation and new experiences to allow people with disability to live the life they choose. With a turnover of over $90m and staff and supported employees of around 1,500, Bedford is the second largest employer for people with disability in Australia, providing a range of services and support across 17 SA sites. A recent structural change has created two new key C-Suite roles reporting directly to the CEO.
Leading the finance functions and overseeing the corporate services functions of the business, this strategic leadership position forms a part of the Executive Team and works collaboratively to develop strategy, organisational budgets and operational plans. The CFO will report to the Board and Committees for relevant financial, audit and risk management. Key areas of responsibility include:
- financial statutory reporting and compliance, tax, audit and management reporting;
- reporting to external stakeholders for investment related purposes in Bedford’s social enterprises;
- leading the treasury function for the business including oversight of the Bedford Investment Fund;
- working capital management including cashflow forecasting, accounts management and forecasting of FX requirements;
- leading systems improvement for process efficiencies, dashboard reporting and data control;
- supporting the CEO and the COO with financial analysis and planning to develop and achieve the business planning objectives.
This role will suit an ideally CA/CPA qualified professional with a commercial brain and social heart. High levels of financial and technological acumen will be essential. Experience at a similar level and working with a Board in a comparably complex and transformational setting will be highly valued. The successful candidate will become the internal trusted financial advisor for the CEO and Board. Highly developed communication skills, warmth, empathy, integrity and credibility will be necessary qualities to help lead Bedford through its next evolution.
An attractive executive remuneration package will be offered to secure a high calibre appointee to this trusted and highly respected organisation making a genuine difference in the community.
For job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit bedfordgroup.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed, Bernie Dyer and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.