The City of Campbelltown is located in Adelaide’s inner eastern suburbs about 6km from the Adelaide CBD. Striving to provide a safe, sustainable and vibrant environment for its culturally diverse population, the Council is well positioned with strong financial sustainability, stable leadership and a commitment to driving business excellence while optimising use of community funds.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of General Manager Corporate Services as a result of a realignment of internal services within Council.
Reporting to the CEO and as a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, you will provide responsive and impactful leadership across the key business enabling services of finance, people and culture, governance and information services. Key responsibilities include:
- providing high quality contemporary advice to the CEO and Council regarding the strategic management of the corporate services function;
- leading, managing, coaching and developing the corporate services team;
- managing the Council’s finances, insurance portfolio, investment strategies, governance, compliance obligations and records management processes;
- championing people and culture strategies to promote a results-driven and values-based organisational culture;
- leading the way in information systems to ensure appropriate and timely services are provided to the community and staff.
We are keen to hear from you if you are a qualified professional with experience managing key corporate services functions and the ability to challenge the status quo with an entrepreneurial mindset to identify and present new opportunities. Superior financial/commercial acumen and well developed leadership, stakeholder management, relationship building and analytical skills will be critical to your success. Local government experience is not essential.
This is a genuine opportunity to join a well respected local government entity and directly impact service provision to the community through exceptional corporate services delivery.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit campbelltown.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Bernie Dyer. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Bernie or Andrew Reed on (08) 8100 8827.