MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF OLDER AUSTRALIANS
Maggie Beer established the Foundation in 2014 to improve the food experiences for older Australians, including those living in aged care. In fellowship with her Board of industry leaders, professors and health advisors, Maggie has made it her personal mission to link the latest research of how the food we eat can impact brain health and general wellbeing, with her innate knowledge of what good food can do for everyone’s emotional wellbeing – a truly nourishing mix so much greater than the sum of its parts.
Since its inception, the Foundation has been a leader in the quest for a better dining experience in aged care through Maggie’s advocacy, Foundation Masterclasses, the creation of specially developed recipes for the older palate, the creation of a suite of online modules for chefs and cooks in aged care and the leadership of a National Congress on Food in 2021.
The next Chair will build on the strong foundations laid down by the inaugural chairs and board directors and steward Maggie Beer Foundation’s next stage to extend and enrich the lives of older Australians by promoting healthy and tasty food. Key areas of focus for the role of Chair include:
- extending the profile, fundraising, reach and impact of the Foundation;
- building powerful partnerships with governments, providers, peak bodies and experts in Australia and internationally;
- strategically leveraging Maggie Beer’s profile to build support for the Foundation’s work and messaging and developing and promoting the Maggie Beer Foundation brand;
- advocating for continued better outcomes and creating new opportunities for delivering influence and change;
- leading an alliance of governments, organisations and individuals to ensure that food remains a priority for aged care following the Royal Commission and the 2021 National Congress on Food, Nutrition and the Dining Experience in Aged Care.
The appointee will lead a refresh of the Board ready for the next stage of the Foundation’s impact. Together with high profile, talented and committed colleagues, the Chair will drive the Foundation’s governance by spearheading vision and strategic processes, managing and directing Board processes and ensuring that risks are assessed and managed.
Applications are encouraged from leaders with a genuine desire to volunteer their time and capabilities to enhance an already accomplished entity through its next phase. Experience in for-purpose governance, harnessing the media, networking for purpose and fundraising, creating effective partnerships with government, business and the community and leading board and executive processes will be expected.
This is a rare opportunity to lead and grow an exceptional organisation alongside an Australian national icon in her drive for nutrition and good food throughout life.
In addition to the Chair opportunity, expressions of interest are also more than welcome from professionals keen to join the Board.
For a candidate information pack, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit maggiebeerfoundation.org.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.