The Barossa region is widely known for its community closeness, proud heritage and thriving industries such as hospitality, food, tourism, general farming, manufacturing and its world-renowned grape and wine production.
Situated less than an hour north of Adelaide, The Barossa Council seeks to enhance the region and its unique lifestyle, heritage and community spirit and strives to provide high quality services and facilities to a growing population including the major towns of Mount Pleasant, Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Lyndoch, Williamstown and Angaston, as well as many smaller community townships.
Reporting to the Director Development and Environmental Services, this important role will be responsible for both strategic and operational leadership of the critical planning and development function for Council. Other key responsibilities include:
- identifying, recommending, implementing and driving continuous improvement and customer focussed initiatives;
- leading, coaching and mentoring the dedicated team to achieve key activities and projects;
- providing informed planning and development advice to both staff, Elected Members and the community;
- proactively contributing to a contemporary and constructive culture of excellence;
- overseeing the annual operating and resourcing expenditure budget.
Applications are encouraged from suitably qualified planning and development professionals with demonstrated experience leading an equivalent function within government or the private sector. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with key stakeholders will be essential, as will a genuine commitment to a customer centric approach. The successful candidate will demonstrate sound oversight of macro development issues and authentic leadership characteristics.
This is a genuine opportunity to contribute to the development future of the Barossa landscape and enjoy the lifestyle rewards of working in one of South Australia’s most iconic regions.
Applications should be addressed to Hannah Way and Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.