Resthaven Incorporated is a highly respected leader in the rapidly growing aged and community services sector in South Australia. Engaging a dedicated and passionate workforce of over 2,700 and with an annual turnover circa $205m, Resthaven has 35 sites across metropolitan Adelaide and regional South Australia delivering quality services to older people and their carers. The aged care sector has reached a unique time in its history. The road ahead is challenging, yet exciting.
Reporting to the Executive Manager People & Culture and as an integral member of the Human Resources Team, this prevention focussed role will lead a team of industry professionals dedicated to ensuring safety in the workplace and WH&S compliance. Key responsibilities include:
- implementing the WHSIM Strategic Plan;
- leading, planning and guiding work health and safety strategies across the organisation;
- ensuring compliance with WH&S legislation and ReturnToWork SA WH&S performance standards for self-insurers and staying abreast of changes to current standards across the aged and community service sector;
- driving a commitment to continuous improvement by facilitating audits, surveys and needs analyses;
- acting as the key internal advisor to the Executive and Board in relation to all WH&S related matters;
- engaging, developing and maintaining key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified individuals with demonstrated relevant practical experience in a similar role in a large diverse organisation, preferably in a self-insured environment. Proven success in the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of WH&S systems and initiatives across a broad range of areas is essential. Experience supporting managers and supervisors with health and safety issues and translating WH&S legislation into practical application is required. This is an excellent opportunity to have a meaningful direct impact on health and wellbeing with a significant and respected employer at the forefront of South Australia’s aged care sector.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit resthaven.asn.au
Applications should be addressed to Hannah Way. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.