Police Health Limited is a progressive and contemporary Adelaide based not-for-profit, member focussed, private health insurer that operates nationally. With a history stretching back to 1935 its purpose is to be a trusted partner in providing peace of mind and support for the health and wellbeing of police and emergency services personnel and volunteers. The organisation does this by providing high quality, good value private health insurance products and services exclusively to those communities through two separate brands; Police Health and Emergency Services Health, which both consistently receive national industry accolades.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this pivotal role will be responsible for the day to day management and operations of the finance function, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements and the achievement of the strategic financial objectives of the organisation. Other aspects of the role include:
- leading the dedicated finance team to ensure continued excellence and improvements across the business;
- coordinating management reporting and analysis to support critical decision making and ensure compliance;
- managing the annual budget and ongoing forecasting in consultation with other key internal stakeholders;
- working closely with the Investment Manager on the maintenance of the investment portfolio;
- coordinating with the external and internal Auditors and Actuaries on finance related projects;
- ensuring finance related systems and processes are maintained and fit for purpose.
Applications are sought from appropriately qualified CA/CPA finance professionals with demonstrated experience leading the finance function. Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication, organisation, negotiation and an analytical mindset are all qualities sought, as is the ability to lead and inspire a team with a drive for continuous improvement and a forward thinking commercial approach. A background in insurance or broader financial services or related regulated sectors will be well regarded.
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Hannah Way. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.