Based in Glossop in the Riverland, CCW Co-operative Limited was established in 1918 and is today Australia’s largest wine grape co-operative with well over 530 growers, producing in excess of 200,000 tonnes per annum, representing 12% of Australia’s production. Turnover is circa $90m. An outstanding opportunity presents for an accomplished leader to continue the heritage, culture and identity of the Co-operative while delivering great outcomes for the Members.
Reporting to and working closely with the Board and Members, the CEO will be the public face of CCW and take primary responsibility for ensuring long term sustainability of the organisation while growing members’ prosperity. Key responsibilities include:
- providing strategic advice and recommendations to the Board in line with CCW’s vision, mission and values;
- proactively identifying and scoping opportunities for new business, diversification and industry services consistent with core objectives;
- adopting efficient operational processes to ensure sound viticultural practices, financial control, risk management and regulatory compliance;
- managing relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including the major customer;
- leading, mentoring, developing and motivating a small, dedicated team.
Applications are invited from appropriately qualified and proven senior executives with demonstrated experience in a comparable role. Senior management experience in the wine industry will be highly desirable, however exposure to growing, processing and global marketing of commodity products will be valuable. Excellent leadership, stakeholder relationship management, sales, marketing and negotiating capabilities, commercial acumen and a steadfast focus on service to Members will be critical for success in this role. An attractive executive remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience is being offered to assure a high calibre appointment to this important role. There is an expectation the successful candidate will ideally live and work in the Riverland and add value to this significant contributor to the local economy.
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.