Established in 1944, The Barossa Co-op is Australia’s largest and longest standing retail co-operative. With 12 diversified retail stores, 2 business-to-business operations and the management of one of the largest regional shopping centres in South Australia, the Co-op employs over 300 staff and is landlord to more than 30 operations. Over 21,000 members actively ensure the economic prosperity of the community through purchasing from the Co-op businesses that, in turn, support the local community.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and as a vital member of the HR function, this pivotal role will support the people, safety, compliance and service initiatives for the retail stores and associated support functions. Other key aspects of the role include:
- providing ongoing support and contemporary advice to managers and employees across the full range of HR practices;
- delivering effective and efficient HR operations while maintaining healthy and safe work practices;
- assisting with the provision of advice relating to performance management, talent management, succession planning and ER/IR matters;
- supporting workforce planning including end-to-end recruitment and on-boarding;
- assisting with the rollout of actions and activities including culture surveys, team feedback, development and growth initiatives.
Applications are sought from appropriately qualified HR professionals with demonstrated experience in a similar generalist HR advisory role. A sound understanding of awards, ER and IR matters and payroll processing will be essential. The successful candidate will be a critical thinker with a ‘can do’ attitude and a professional and collaborative approach to managing people and culture related matters. Strong interpersonal skills, high level written and verbal communication abilities and a genuine commitment to The Barossa Co-op values and principles will be important.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a passionate and dedicated team and make a valued contribution to a people focused, enterprising organisation.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit barossa.coop
Applications should be addressed to Hannah Way. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.