Located in stunning McLaren Vale, Serafino is an established and award-winning James Halliday Red 5 Star winery. A major stakeholder in McLaren Vale, it is internationally recognised and has an enviable reputation as an iconic wine producer and supplier of premium and ultra-premium wines designed to satisfy the needs of domestic and export markets. Its modern and purpose-built facility has a 5,000T capacity, designed for production of high quality wine, and a bottling line onsite.
A rare opportunity has now emerged for a new Chief Winemaker to provide leadership and direction to the winery team and work closely (hands-on) with the viticulture, bottling and management team to maximise quality and meet business objectives.
Reporting directly to the MD and CEO, key responsibilities include:
- managing all winery activities to ensure the objectives as well as compliance with statutory requirements, both domestically and internationally are met;
- working closely with viticulture in the planning of grape requirements to satisfy current and future wine producing needs;
- managing all winemaking activities (including contract winemaking) from the assessment and selection of grapes through all processing stages to the bottling of premium and ultra-premium wines ready for market;
- managing an experienced winery team;
- working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager to promote wines in the market across all brands, including speaking and attending events, wine dinners, marketing trips etc.
With relevant winemaking qualifications, the successful candidate will have strongly developed wine sensory skills and demonstrated ability to judge red, white and sparkling wines, together with an understanding of international and local wine trends and styles. Previous winemaking experience in relation to premium and ultra-premium wines in a comparable medium to large winemaking company will be highly regarded. Proven winemaking team management, leadership, mentoring, guidance and empowerment, together with high levels of energy and drive, a hands-on and pragmatic approach and a strong commitment to the achievement of results are all necessary to succeed in this role. Excellent organisation and planning skills including proficiency with computer systems (particularly EzyWine & VinWizard) will be expected.
For further information on our client, please visit serafinowines.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call +61 8 8100 8827.