Heavy Industry Low-Carbon Transition (‘HILT’) CRC is a newly established consortium of industry, research and government that has been funded by Australian Governments, industry and research partners to develop technologies and methods to overcome barriers to the low-carbon transition. The work of the CRC and its partners will enable Australia’s heavy industry sector to compete in the low-carbon global economy for carbon-neutral materials such as ‘green’ iron, alumina, cement and other processed minerals.
Reporting directly to the Board, this Adelaide based role will have responsibility for:
- establishing, leading, motivating, developing, mentoring and managing a dedicated and close knit, but geographically dispersed, team;
- supporting the Board to ensure strong governance standards are established, practiced and maintained;
- promoting, developing, managing and growing relationships between partners and stakeholders;
- fostering strong relationships and partnerships with industry, research institutions and government;
- ensuring the results of research programs are effectively disseminated for uptake by key stakeholders.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified senior executives with demonstrated credibility in the heavy and/or energy industries and preferably with experience in the commercialisation of energy technologies. Technical experience in low-carbon transition will be expected. The capacity to lead a comparable entity through growth and increasing complexity is essential. Other important qualities include strategic thinking, high level negotiation, communication, organisation and commercial analysis. Frequent travel is expected.
This is a rare opportunity to assist Australia’s heavy industry sector to not only survive but thrive over the coming decades with improved technological capabilities and cost competitiveness.
For further information on our client, please visit hiltcrc.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.