JusticeNet SA is an independent, not-for-profit legal service for South Australians who cannot afford a lawyer or get the legal help they need elsewhere. Its legal “safety net” is powered by a network of hundreds of the best lawyers from South Australia and interstate who volunteer their time pro bono. With their support, the organisation helps vulnerable South Australians with civil law problems to obtain access to justice.
JusticeNet exists because of the generosity of the lawyers and law firms who support its work and is funded by membership contributions, government and philanthropic grants, private donations, fundraising events and activities and in-kind support from the University of Adelaide Law School.
The Executive Officer is accountable to the Management Committee, reporting to the President, and is responsible for the day-to-day management of JusticeNet as well as the continued development and promotion of the organisation. Key responsibilities include:
- developing and delivering the strategic plan;
- financial management including the provision of ongoing funding, by way of fundraising and preparing grant applications for specific projects;
- assessing applications for assistance and making referrals to members and other appropriate service providers;
- leading, motivating and managing the committed staff and volunteers including training for participating practitioners;
- maintaining and enhancing relationships with diverse public and private stakeholders;
- ensuring the highest level of service delivery and business governance.
Applications are welcome from experienced legal practitioners with the management skills and commercial acumen required to lead and grow the organisation. Strategic thinking, contemporary leadership, strong financial acumen and highly developed stakeholder relationship building skills are also required as are the warmth, empathy, integrity and credibility necessary to lead a community organisation of this nature. A strong commitment to equality and access to justice for all members of our community is essential.
For further information on our client, please visit justicenet.org.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Hannah Way on (08) 8100 8827.