The Almond Board of Australia (ABA) is the peak representative body for the Australian almond industry. The ABA operates as a not-for-profit, membership based incorporated association representing the interests of Australian almond growers, processors and marketers. The expanding almond industry is one of Australia’s largest horticultural industries, a significant exporter and an important contributor to regional economies.
The current CEO Ross Skinner will retire in 2021 after more than a decade of excellent service to the ABA and the industry. The CEO is responsible to the Board of ABA for the strategic leadership and effective management of the organisation. The Board now seeks a proven executive who will:
- ensure sustainable and innovative growth, sector leadership and advocacy;
- maintain a high level of organisational performance and financial control and ensure sound governance and risk management;
- lead, motivate and develop the dedicated staff to deliver high quality support for the industry;
- maintain, develop and enhance relationships and partnerships with diverse public and private stakeholders;
- oversee the R&D, marketing, grants and strategic initiatives for the ABA.
The successful candidate will be an appropriately qualified senior executive with demonstrated capability to lead a comparable organisation through ongoing change, growth and increasing complexity. Agricultural/horticultural sector experience will be a distinct advantage but candidates with leadership experience from a range of sectors are still welcomed. Strategic thinking, contemporary leadership, strong financial acumen and highly developed communication and negotiation skills are essential, as are the warmth, empathy, integrity and credibility necessary to connect with members and stakeholders to drive positive outcomes for the industry.
This is a rare opportunity to lead a successful and respected peak body to drive benefits for the sector, the economy and the broader community.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit australianalmonds.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Hannah Way on (08) 8100 8827 from Tuesday, 15 June 2021.