Created in SA and still led by a Head Office located in Adelaide, the privately owned Detmold Group is a genuine success story and a truly global business. With customers on every continent, production facilities in seven countries and workforce of around 3,000, it is a significant employer. The Company enjoys productive and enduring relationships with some of the world’s most iconic brands. The Group is a Company proud of its people and its products.
Working closely with the Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer along with a highly experienced team of Executive colleagues, this pivotal Adelaide based role is primarily responsible for:
- providing trusted advice regarding financial, strategic and overall financial governance for the Group;
- ensuring efficient oversight of Board processes and outcomes, including involvement at all Advisory Board meetings;
- setting and overseeing the financial conventions, standards, processes and procedures;
- maintaining and enhancing high level relationships with key external stakeholders, leading financial and commercial negotiations, currency and exchange, and taxation regimes;
- proactive management of compliance and regulatory requirements for business entities across multiple jurisdictions;
- advice regarding risk management, including framework oversight and mitigation strategies.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and proven finance professionals with demonstrated experience in a business of comparable scale and complexity. Preferably with experience across international jurisdictions, the successful candidate will be commercially, technologically, and legally astute, with a perceptive yet analytical mindset. Resilient, calm, and considered in approach, they will also be able to work at pace in line with the dynamic flow of the business. Importantly, they will demonstrate strong leadership coupled with the credibility and professional presence to quickly become a trusted internal advisor to the Board and senior management.
This is one of the most significant roles of its type in the SA market place and therefore represents a rare opportunity to join a large, successful and dynamic Adelaide based business as it continues its growth trajectory.
For a comprehensive job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit detmoldgroup.com
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.