Credit Union SA is one of South Australia’s largest credit unions with over 140 staff, over $1.2b in assets and close to 51,000 members trusting it to provide their everyday banking needs from savings accounts to credit cards, home and personal loans. Customer owned and locally based, Credit Union SA is dedicated to delivering valued and competitive financial services and is poised for further growth.
Working as the 2IC to the Chief Financial Officer, this position plays a pivotal role in managing the internal finance function. Core responsibilities include:
- leading and developing the Accounting team and providing support to the Treasury team for accounting related matters and ensuring the professional growth of the teams;
- overseeing accounting and finance activities with a focus on preparation, analysis and reporting of financial information for both internal and external stakeholders, including the Executive team and Board of Directors;
- working closely with the Executive team to manage annual planning/budgeting and monthly forecast processes;
- ensure the Credit Union meets the requirements of regulatory reporting and compliance (ASIC, APRA & ATO);
- acting as the Finance and Treasury representative on management committees;
- ensuring continuous improvement of the accounting and finance function and driving the development of policy and processes.
Applications are encouraged from CA/CPA qualified finance professionals with demonstrated leadership experience in a similar role. The ideal candidate will possess analytical and technical skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders. Amongst the higher level skills sought are demonstrated contemporary leadership abilities, resilience to navigate a fast-paced environment and influencing and advocacy skills, as well as personal and professional maturity.
This is a genuine opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to assume a leadership role within a respected, stable and successful financial service provider.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above and below, and for further information on our client, please visit creditunionsa.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Hannah Way on (08) 8100 8827.