South Australian practitioner owned and operated for over 30 years, sportsmed is an industry leading private orthopaedic hospital, day surgery and multi-disciplinary outpatient clinic provider. The Hospital and Orthopaedic Board governs the hospital and the provision of services to the orthopaedic practitioners. An Independent Director is sought to complement the skills of the existing Board, comprising elected owner shareholders and two Independent Directors.
Expressions of interest are sought from suitably qualified and credentialed professionals seeking an independent directorship. The position is remunerated and offered for an initial two-year term. Responsibilities include:
- attending and making significant contributions to Board and sub-committee meetings;
- providing expertise and strategic impetus in the Board’s decision making;
- identifying and developing initiatives designed to add value to sportsmed;
- ensuring decisions made reflect and enhance the strategic direction and manage the risks of sportsmed;
- developing strong working relationships with fellow Directors and the Chief Executive Officer;
- participating in regular and ongoing Board performance and evaluation processes.
The appropriately qualified appointee will be expected to demonstrate a successful track record in a range of significant executive and/or governance positions. Key attributes sought include strong business and commercial acumen, excellent communication, strategic planning abilities, experience of change and reform and an understanding of contemporary corporate governance knowledge. Experience in the healthcare industry is not essential but will be a natural advantage as would experience in a professional services group.
This is a rare opportunity to make a genuine and valuable contribution to a leading and successful health service provider in South Australia.
For further information on our client, please visit sportsmed.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.