The City of Salisbury is one of South Australia’s largest and most progressive Councils, serving a growing community of approximately 145,000 residents in a region of ever increasing economic and social importance to the State’s future. With a turnover around $120m, assets of $1.8b and a significant focus on progressive community engagement and partnerships, the City has an exciting future focused on enhancing the economic, community and sustainability agendas.
This vital and unique role reports to and works closely with the General Manager City Development and is responsible for managing the Strategic Development Projects Division as a distinct business unit delivering financial, economic, environmental and social outcomes from Council’s property development projects. This City leads the way in building flourishing communities and has been recognised nationally for recent urban development projects. Setting both standards and examples this Council demonstrates that important community outcomes are integral to its projects. Signficant new projects are proposed and this position offers an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and socially conscious organisation.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- leading all stages of the strategic land development projects from identification and inception through delivery and marketing;
- identifying and developing effective partnering opportunities to drive appropriate outcomes for community assets;
- coordinating and integrating inputs of internal stakeholders in the development projects;
- ensuring alignment of projects with Council’s long term plans and programs;
- managing strategic project risk including financial, governance, procurement and contractor risk and work health and safety;
- leading the Division’s people, practices and processes to ensure organisational excellence and sustainability;
- upholding the Council’s values of being Respectful, Accountable, Collaborative and Helpful.
Applications are sought from professionals with experience in local or state government, land development, urban planning or other relevant place making environments. Sound commercial and business acumen, strategic and project management capability together with high level communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills will be essential. Tertiary qualifications in project management, property development, urban and regional planning, engineering or a related discipline will be highly regarded.
Make an enquiry to make a difference in the delivery of critical development projects for this vibrant City.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit salisbury.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Trish Retallick on (08) 8100 8849.