The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR) is the lead agency for the Government’s policy on sport and active recreation. The ORSR supports the sector through the development of policy, programs, resources, funding, planning, infrastructure development, elite sport pathways and the promotion of physical activity.
The Infrastructure and Planning division of ORSR is responsible for a number of the State’s key sporting assets including major sporting venues such as Adelaide Super-Drome and SA Athletics Stadium. It undertakes development planning, construction, project management, facilities management and recreation trails development and management.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director, Infrastructure and Planning is responsible for:
- leading the State sport and recreation infrastructure planning to inform investment decisions;
- contributing to overall strategy and decision making for both the organisation and the sport and recreation sector;
- scoping, planning and delivering strategic projects directed towards quality sport and recreation outcomes;
- leading, managing and further developing a dedicated and passionate team;
- proactively developing and enhancing important relationships with a wide range of industry, government, private and community stakeholders.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified dynamic executives with experience overseeing a diverse portfolio. Demonstrated experience in business, commerce, project management or infrastructure delivery will be well regarded, as will experience with significant change management processes. The ability to efficiently drive projects to success, high level written and verbal communication and the skills to collaborate and negotiate at all levels will be essential.
This is a rare SA sport and recreation leadership opportunity as ORSR embarks on a significant period of growth and change.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit orsr.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Hannah Way from Tuesday, 6 October 2020 on (08) 8100 8827.