UniSA Ventures is the technology commercialisation and investment management company of the University of South Australia (UniSA) and works with the UniSA researchers to translate the outcomes of research into saleable intellectual assets and bridge the gap between academia and industry.
Reporting to the Director of Commercialisation and working closely with the Chief Executive Officer and the Commercial Manager team, this autonomous role will be responsible for:
- identifying, protecting, marketing, negotiating and transferring UniSA research outputs with commercial potential to industry and Government partners;
- managing the development, negotiation and execution of licence deals, options agreements and intellectual property (IP) assignments;
- driving the strategy behind business plans and investment proposals for spinout companies;
- identifying and supporting opportunities to secure commercial contract research funding;
- maintaining relationships with key public and private stakeholders to ensure a pipeline of future engagement opportunities for IP commercialisation.
Applications are invited from experienced technology transfer professionals with appropriate tertiary qualifications. The successful candidate will have strong commercial acumen, highly developed stakeholder engagement capabilities and business planning and project management skills. Experience in the higher education sector within the fields of technology transfer, IP management and IP commercialisation with a background in physical sciences will be highly desirable.
New technology development and its transfer to industry will underpin the future SA economy. Make an enquiry to be a part of this transformation.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit unisa.edu.au/ventures
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Hannah Way on (08) 8100 8827.