The Department of Treasury and Finance (the Department) is the lead agency for economic, social and financial policy outcomes playing a vital role in providing economic and fiscal policy advice to the government of South Australia. As one of the key central agencies, the Department employs 1,800 staff across Shared Services SA, Super SA, SafeWork SA, Revenue SA, the South Australian Employment Tribunal and other associated branches.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Organisation and Governance and as a key member of the senior leadership group, the Director, Information and Technology will provide leadership to a capable and diverse technology team (approximately 70 FTE) focussed on delivering an effective, secure, reliable and enabling IT environment. Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- leading key strategic projects and ensuring collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and technology partners;
- delivering an information management strategy compliant with legislative requirements and the strategic objectives of the Department;
- providing strong leadership and mentoring to further develop the capability of the IT division and the delivery of a business partner model;
- overseeing the delivery of cyber security, large-scale infrastructure support, application management and desktop support services across the Department;
- maximising opportunities to consolidate, integrate and improve functional effectiveness through re-engineering of business processes and the use of training and technology.
Applications are sought from highly accomplished professionals with demonstrated experience leading the IT function within a comparably complex environment delivering transformational technology, applications, infrastructure and data architecture solutions. Relevant formal tertiary qualifications are essential. Strong technology (specifically digital) awareness and strategic planning capabilities along with superior communication and values-based leadership skills will also be important, as will strong business acumen. Most importantly, the successful candidate will demonstrate drive, energy, warmth, intellect, resilience and proven capability to define, represent and deliver the Department’s technology goals.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above and below, and for further information on our client, please visit treasury.sa.gov.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8849.