Engaging a workforce over 2,500 and with a turnover circa $160m, Resthaven Incorporated is recognised as a leader in the rapidly growing aged and community services sector in South Australia. Resthaven has over 21 sites across the Adelaide metropolitan and regional South Australian area and is highly respected for the provision of responsive quality services to older people and their carers.
An opportunity exists for a highly energised, community focussed and motivated professional to ensure the provision of quality clinical care and services to residents of Resthaven Mount Gambier. The home has capacity for 100 residents, including one serviced apartment (under retirement living). Constructed in 2011, this state-of-the-art residential home is located in the heart of Mount Gambier.
Reporting to the Manager Residential Services, this is a diverse and busy role that will utilise strong clinical and management skills in a residential service environment that is recognised as highly community and customer focussed and dedicated to the wellbeing and care of its residents. Key responsibilities will include:
- driving sound clinical governance principles and assisting teams to embed Resthaven’s Clinical policies and procedures as part of the overall Clinical Governance framework;
- supervising, influencing and mentoring the dedicated nursing and personal care assistants;
- leading the enhancement of care strategies and working in consultation with residents/representatives in the planning, delivery and evaluation of care;
- implementing Resthaven’s Quality and Work Health Safety systems;
- collaborating with visiting medical practitioners and other allied health professionals;
- championing a culture of innovation and continuous improvement of clinical practice.
Applications are encouraged from Registered Nurses with current AHPRA registration and demonstrated experience in a clinical leadership role. A comprehensive working knowledge of clinical services legislation and contemporary clinical care practices relevant to aged care will also be important. Sound relationship building, influencing and change management abilities will be required along with a process improvement mindset, supreme customer focus and a genuine affinity with Resthaven’s core objectives and values. Resilience, warmth, energy, versatility, trust and initiative are all important qualities sought. This position is a two year fixed term contract.
As an employer of choice, Resthaven offers an attractive remuneration package, employee benefits, relocation assistance and a highly supportive and collaborative culture. Combine career and lifestyle whilst contributing to the community in the heart of Mount Gambier!
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit resthaven.asn.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8849.