St John Ambulance Australia SA Inc has been serving the South Australian community since 1885 and internationally is part of a wider organisation with a long and honourable history. It is a self funding charitable organisation supporting the wellbeing of South Australians and assists tens of thousands of people across the state each year through the delivery of event health services, first aid training and products, and social inclusion programs.
This position, with Board Committees and the Commissioner, has overall responsibility for people leadership, operational efficiency, service delivery, financial control, stakeholder management and championing/promoting the organisation. Key responsibilities include:
- effectively leading, managing, developing and motivating the St John staff to deliver all operations and activities of the organisation;
- actively supporting the dedicated volunteers;
- driving financial sustainability via sound financial control and effective business development and planning;
- continuing to drive strategic change and initiatives for the organisation and further positioning the St John brand and proposition within the South Australian community;
- providing advice and support to the Board in regard to its governance responsibilities and managing risk and regulatory compliance;
- developing and effectively implementing change management programs and initiatives.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and proven senior executives with high levels of commercial and political acumen complemented by superior communication, negotiation, stakeholder management and leadership skills.A consultative management style which respects and values volunteers is essential as is warmth, empathy, good humour, integrity and the credibility necessary to inspire others to follow.This is a rare chance to make a career defining contribution to a well respected and community focussed entity.
For further information on our client, please visit stjohnsa.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.