The South Australian Housing Authority (SAHA) is the custodian of a modern, sustainable, integrated and effective housing system. The Authority acts to empower South Australians with housing choices, enabling improved life outcomes now and in the future. It manages over $10b in assets, provides housing and support for 60,000 public housing tenants and assists 25,000 people a year in private rental, making a significant difference to lives of South Australians. A further 20,000 people are assisted through the homelessness support service network of providers. SAHA also creates new affordable housing support for rental and home purchase and oversees regulation of the community housing sector.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and as a member of the Executive team, the focus of this role is to maximise the use of financial and physical resources to facilitate the achievement of the SAHA strategic objectives. Key responsibilities include:
- driving and successfully negotiating innovative partnerships and financial outcomes with multiple parties that deliver affordable housing options;
- establishing a new performance management framework with the government and Board, including monitoring financial performance across the Authority;
- leading and implementing reporting, performance indicators and measurement tools for evaluating outcomes and recommending reforms within agreed projects and programs;
- leading the development and provision of, strategic financial and investment advice to the Chief Executive and the Board, respecting the formulation of annual Budget;
- providing strategic leadership in the development of best practice financial management, investment and treasury practices for the Authority.
Applications are invited from experienced executives, with superior communication, negotiation, change management and strategic thinking skills. Corporate finance leadership experience, including a successful record of financial and investment performance against business objectives and a demonstrated understanding of property finance, property risk, and asset utilisation and lifecycles are essential. Leadership experience, including a demonstrated ability to set direction, delegate, drive performance and develop capacity and capability will also be critical. Pragmatism, resilience, intuition, sound judgement, drive and energy are also important qualities sought in what is a politically and socially sensitive context.
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8849.