- Based in the beautiful Barossa Valley
- Excellence in strategic retail leadership
- Large format, multi-concept, independent supermarket driving innovation, impact and regional vibrancy
About the Barossa Co-op
Established in 1944, with a footprint of nine retail stores and employing 300 plus team members, the Barossa Community Co-operative Store is the largest retail co-operative in Australia. They are a little unique at the Co-op – they are not owned by one person or silent shareholders, but by over 20,000 active members, who contribute to the Co-op’s focus on exploring new ways to deliver better outcomes for customers, members and the community.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, this person will be a key member of the tight-knit senior leadership team and will take responsibility for:
- expediting the vision and strategic direction across all business units of the Fresh Foodland store with energy and a passion for excellence;
- providing inspired leadership to develop, deliver and drive operational continuous improvement activities across all business units, maintaining the store as a refreshing and innovative destination;
- building robust commercial outcomes further strengthening the Barossa Co-op organisation;
- leading, managing, mentoring and developing relationships across the team, ultimately delivering a positive impact on the local community.
Skills and experience
Applications are encouraged from highly experienced retail leaders who can demonstrate managing a comparable integrated entity. Other critical qualities sought include a passion for this industry, positive change and people leadership skills, commercial and financial acumen, project management and highly developed negotiation and communication skills. Pragmatism, intuition, integrity, objectivity, energy, credibility and authenticity are also important qualities sought.
The Co-op’s values as a community co-operative are as important as their profits. A remuneration package reflecting the importance of the role will be offered to a high calibre individual keen to join this renowned and iconic organisation.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit barossa.coop
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8827.