HANDS-ON, DYNAMIC, FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT
12-MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT (VIEW TO PERMANENT)
CBD FRINGE LOCATION/IMMEDIATE COMMENCEMENT
Our client is a global leader and trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems, and chemicals. A rare opportunity has emerged for a versatile and proactive individual to join the organisation.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Planning & Procurement Specialist will play a critical role in partnering with key stakeholders to plan, develop and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and business objectives.
- Manage end-end purchasing of raw materials / consumables;
- Forecast and manage orders based on sales projections to ensure availability of materials;
- Negotiate price and terms with suppliers, monitor performance of vendors (local & overseas) to ensure quality and delivery metrics are met;
- Analyse data, ensure stock on hand/in transit meets order requirements and sales plans;
- Monitor delivery timeframes, follow up on outstanding orders, manage delivery expectations;
- Identify and address potential supply and transport issues to mitigate risk;
- Work closely with key departments (sales, warehousing, and marketing) to ensure supply and demand is met;
- Maintain and update procurement records; generate reports on procurement/contract activity to meet organisational compliance requirements;
- Ensure adequate and appropriate stock levels are maintained within warehouses (Aust/New Zealand and USA);
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Skill and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business, economics, supply chain management or equivalent;
- Significant experience in a similar role within a manufacturing / industrial environment (working with hazardous chemicals and dangerous goods, along with knowledge of ocean freight shipping procedures will be highly regarded);
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems in real time;
- Strong verbal, written and numeracy skills, with an analytical and strategic mindset;
- High-level computer literacy; advanced Excel skills (essential); ERP systems preferably SAP;
- Effectively communicate requirements with co-workers at all levels and disciplines;
- Customer-centric approach with a positive attitude and solid negotiating capabilities;
- Have a passion for continual improvement and be a team player who is well versed in operating in a fast paced and demanding environment.