Women’s Safety Services SA (WSSSA) supports women and children who are experiencing and/or escaping domestic and family violence. WSSSA provides a range of programs and assistance to women and their children who are living with or escaping domestic or family violence.
Following the pending retirement of the dedicated incumbent, an exciting opportunity has emerged for a highly organised accounting professional to join the organisation. Reporting directly to the CEO, this position is responsible for overseeing the finance, administration, human resources, ICT and risk and compliance functions. Key responsibilities include:
- managing the preparation of WSSSA’s financial projections, budgets and reports;
- providing financial advice, support and guidance to the CEO and Board to ensure best practice financial management plans;
- proactively developing and maintaining robust financial systems, policies, processes and infrastructure;
- providing accurate and timely reports to WSSSA’s external accountants and working closely with them to support effective and innovative decisions;
- leading, mentoring, motivating, developing and managing the small, dedicated team.
This position will suit a hands on and appropriately qualified accounting professional who can demonstrate the ability to transition into a government funded social services environment, where there are strict project based reporting deadlines. Excellent project management, process improvement, stakeholder management and influencing skills are essential to be successful in such a role, along with drive, energy, resilience, teamwork and a genuine affinity and empathy towards the work of WSSSA. This role could suit an emerging professional seeking to develop their management experience, or an experienced operator wanting to make a genuine contribution to this worthy organisation.
For a job and person specification please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit womenssafetyservices.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8830.