Minda is a vibrant, innovative and progressive “profit-for-purpose” organisation which exists to support people with disabilities across South Australia. It is a large, complex, multi-faceted organisation with a portfolio that includes service delivery, commercial enterprises, housing and retirement living, supported employment, lifestyle services and respite, and services approximately 3,500 people. Minda is a values based organisation that celebrates passion, respect, accountability, innovation, success and ethical behaviour. With a newly appointed CEO, Dr Clare Allen, Minda is currently undergoing a transformational change in leadership and this has created a unique set of opportunities for strategic governance professionals to join and/or support the Board.
A (remunerated) part-time executive role to support and be an advisor of the main and sub boards exists for an experienced Corporate Secretary. Collaborating with the CEO and Executive team, and reporting to the Chair, this position fulfils the duty of Corporate Secretary for the organisation and its entities. Offered on a flexible/negotiated part-time arrangement, core responsibilities will include:
- reviewing and communicating on any legislative, regulatory, risk and governance developments and amendments that may impact the organisation;
- ensuring review and development of company policies in line with legal and regulatory requirements;
- reviewing new contracts and amendments to existing contracts;
- ensuring necessary registers required to be kept are established and maintained;
- coordinating the Annual General Meeting, Board and Sub-Committee meetings;
- providing assistance with the preparation of Board papers;
- coordinating and lodging licensing applications, periodic returns and other statutory requirements, whilst maintaining positive relationships with relevant statutory bodies.
Applications are invited from qualified legal or finance professionals with demonstrated experience in managing broad corporate secretarial, regulatory and compliance obligations. Also important are highly developed skills in applying relevant interpretive legislation in a comparable industry domain, well developed communication and negotiation skills and the ability to provide high level advice to senior decision makers.
A senior remuneration package will be offered to secure a high calibre candidate keen to add value as a trusted advisor within this people focused organisation.
For further information on our client, please visit mindainc.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora and Andrew Reed. Please click the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8849.