Located in the high technology business cluster in Mawson Lakes in northern Adelaide, Ultra Electronics (Avalon Systems) is the Australian headquarters of a global entity and provides innovative technical expertise and solutions to the burgeoning defence sector. With around 70 staff and long term contracts, the future for the business is bright.
The People, Culture and Safety Manager is a key member of the Executive Team. Key responsibilities of this autonomous, hands on role include:
- further developing and implementing effective HR policy frameworks and workforce management plans;
- assisting management and all employees to achieve operational excellence, profit and growth targets;
- managing recruitment, induction, employee performance and professional development;
- developing and managing WHS processes and promoting a positive work culture;
- developing, implementing and maintaining effective employee records systems and reporting on relevant HR metrics.
Applications are invited from experienced people and culture executives with appropriate tertiary qualifications and superior communication, negotiation, management, coaching and strategic thinking skills. Leadership experience in developing the human capital solutions for a diverse and customer centric entity will be critical. Pragmatism, intuition, integrity, commercial acumen, judgement, drive, energy, credibility and authenticity are also important qualities sought. Applicants must be able to hold a defence security clearance - Secret.
This true generalist HR and safety leadership position represents an exciting career opportunity with a growing business supporting a flagship SA industry sector.
For a job and person specification please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit ultra-electronics.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed and Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call (08) 8100 8827.