Catering for 920 students from Reception to Year 12, Pedare is an independent, co-educational Anglican and Uniting Church day school. The College was founded in 1986 and is situated in the north east of Adelaide, 30 minutes from the CBD. Pedare is a progressive school that is committed to fostering partnerships with families that enable students to excel in their learning and develop a strong sense of self-worth and the skills to contribute to local and global communities.
In early 2019, the school will complete a major redevelopment project – One College, One Campus – which includes a new Gymnasium, a new Junior School and a redeveloped Middle School. This project will deliver state-of-the-art learning spaces, flexible break out zones and enhanced play environments and provide students across all year levels with unprecedented access to modern and sophisticated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics facilities.
Incumbent Principal, Mike Millard, is retiring at the end of Term 3, 2019 after 42 years of teaching and 10 years of exemplary service to the College, leaving a strong legacy in place. His departure creates a rare opportunity for a proven educational leader to join an established school with a reputation for outstanding academic results and a strong community culture.
Reporting to and working closely with the College Board, this pivotal role will take carriage of the strategic and operational leadership of the School. The successful candidate will:
- lead the teaching and learning, in contemporary learning spaces enhanced by digital technologies and best-practice pedagogy from IB Primary and Middle Years Programs to the delivery of SACE;
- work collaboratively to maintain and grow partnerships with students, staff, families and a wide range of key partners;
- continue to embed the College’s culture and values into all aspects of College life;
- maintain a strong culture of pastoral care and wellbeing for all students;
- lead, motivate and develop a dedicated team of outstanding teaching and non-teaching staff;
- manage the physical and financial resources of the College and ensure sound governance and financial sustainability.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and experienced senior education professionals who are passionate about teaching and learning, have drive, integrity and an ability to listen and empower with compassion. An affinity with and preparedness to support the Anglican and Uniting Church ethos within the context of Pedare is also essential.
This is a career-defining opportunity to lead one of South Australia’s premier independent schools with vision, drive and commitment for the next generation and into the future.
For an information pack, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit pedarecc.sa.edu.au
Applications should be submitted to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Christian Gaszner on (08) 8100 8827.