About the Company
sonnen believes clean, affordable, and reliable energy for all is one of the greatest challenges of our time. sonnen is a proven global leader in intelligent energy management solutions that provide greater energy control for residential customers – contributing to a cleaner and more reliable energy future. It is with great excitement that sonnen has recently opened its major home battery manufacturing plant in Elizabeth, South Australia. The plant is expected to produce 10,000 batteries a year for households in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific. In addition to manufacturing, the Elizabeth site will also accommodate sonnen’s Australian headquarters and its central Asia Pacific shipping facility.
Working closely with the Head of Finance as an integral part of the finance team, you will be tasked to prepare timely, reliable and relevant finance information to assist the business decision makers with management of group activities and compliance with statutory and reporting requirements. As part of your mandate, you will be responsible for monitoring development in accounting policies and standards, providing systems support and the accounting for business operations under accounting standards.
Core responsibilities include:
- Preparing analysis and reporting to be used by the Head of Finance and the Managing Directors;
- Monitoring Budgeting and forecasting vs actual performance on a regular and fluid basis;
- Maintaining standard product costs in line with company directives;
- Maintaining and reconciling sub ledgers to the General Ledger regularly;
- Preparing & completing the month-end process and annual accounts;
- Ensuring that the accounting functions are carried out in an efficient and accurate manner in accordance with Accounting Standards and the group policies;
- Taking responsibility for Finance projects or project tasks as specified by the Head of Finance;
- Participating in or taking a lead role in systems projects associated with Finance operations (such as introduction and implementation of SAP);
- Directing the activities of the Finance Administrator on a day to day basis;
- Participating in the process of identification and assessment of new and existing risks in accordance with the Risk Management Policy;
- Bringing to the attention of the management any identified new or potential risks;
- Liaising with other internal teams to gather relevant company data for consideration in financial accounting and reporting;
- Using advanced Excel functionality to produce insights from large data sources.
Some of the key requirements, skills and expertise include:
- Bachelor’s degree with Accounting major;
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia or CPA Australia;
- Extensive experience in industry, or a combination of both practice and industry;
- Well versed in accounting for Inventory in a manufacturing environment;
- Ability to adapt and think on your feet;
- SAP experience will be a distinct advantage;
- High proficiency with Excel.
This immediately available role is offered on a permanent basis.
sonnen has invested in South Australia and this is your opportunity to invest in the future of our state and the renewable energy sector. Are you a lateral thinker? An idealist? A visionary? A free spirit? A world changer? Then you are a sonnenWarrior. You determine your own future. You never content yourself with what is. You love innovation and let yourself be inspired and enthuse others. You network with people openly, here and now. You are a radiant bundle of energy. The sun (or Sonne as it is known in German) always shines on your face. This is the essence of sonnen – have big goals and tackle opportunities clearly and cleverly.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to utilise and build on your existing skills and knowledge, and join a well-respected, innovative and expanding global leader, located in and committed to South Australia.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit sonnen.com.au
Applications should be addressed to Andrew Reed. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Andrew or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8827.