The newly formed South Australian Housing Authority (the Authority) is a statutory authority that will lead major reform of the housing sector. The Authority will facilitate a change in the way government works with the sector and social services, to create a modern multi-provider housing system in South Australia. The Authority manages over $10b in assets, provides housing and support for 60,000 public housing tenants and assists 25,000 people a year in private rental, making a significant difference to lives of South Australians. A further 20,000 people are assisted through the homelessness support service network of providers. The Authority also creates new affordable housing support for rental and home purchase and oversees regulation of the community housing sector.
Reporting to the Chief Executive and as a member of the Executive team, the focus of this role is to lead HR to be a key enabler for the Authority to deliver quality outcomes. Responsibilities include:
- leading the design, development and implementation of the Authority’s safe work practices and workforce planning/development models;
- leading and implementing a significant culture program;
- providing executive leadership and managerial responsibility for the operational aspects of HR;
- managing the delivery of professional guidance and support throughout the Authority and across the full range of HR activities;
- ensuring overall HR systems and processes remain contemporary and effective.
Applications are invited from experienced HR executives, with superior communication, negotiation, change management and strategic thinking skills. Strategic leadership experience in developing the people, culture and human capital planning for a large and complex entity will be critical. Pragmatism, intuition, sound judgement, drive and energy are also important qualities sought. Appropriate tertiary qualifications are essential.
Applications should be addressed to Justin Hinora. Please click on the Apply Today button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please call Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8849.