Located just 20 minutes from the Adelaide CBD, the City of Mitcham is a clean and green City with an enviable blend of urban and rural environments, heritage architecture, rich culture, native bushland and scenic views. Its 300 dedicated staff ensure the maximum community value is leveraged from an operating budget nearing $60m.
The organisation has a strong future including the delivery of a significant range of exciting projects which will further enhance the landscape and sustainability of the City. Due to internal promotion an outstanding opportunity exists to join the senior leadership team in the role of Group Manager City Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager Engineering and Horticulture, this role leads the delivery of Councils critical front-line operational services across open space, transport, streetscapes, recreation facilities, tree management, drainage and waste services to the Mitcham community. Other specific responsibilities include:
- providing clarity of vision and direction for the departments’ operations, ensuring sound financial, program and project management outcomes in alignment with organisational goals, objectives and Council plans;
- providing leadership to a sizeable city operations workforce across multifunctional teams including open space, parks and gardens maintenance, civil maintenance, streetscapes and presentation, tree management, waste collection and fleet (including workshop operations);
- driving change and facilitating a positive and productive culture focussed on customer service, continuous improvement, safety, value for money and collaboration;
- proactively contributing and in some cases leading the development and delivery of cross-organisational initiatives and reform activity;
- contributing to and positively influencing organisational strategy and culture, and maintaining and enhancing productive relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders.
Applications are invited from forward thinking and innovative leaders with proven experience and successful performance in a senior role within either local government or a comparably diverse service delivery domain. Importantly you will demonstrate experience leading and managing a complex portfolio of teams with diverse skills, and an understanding of the challenges and complexities relating to the civil, assets and maintenance services portfolio.
Qualifications in engineering or a relevant management discipline will be well regarded. Also important will be contemporary leadership and high impact communication skills, drive, versatility, commercial acumen, diplomacy, political astuteness, resilience, warmth, good humour, strong ethics and the capacity to think laterally.
For a job and person specification, please click on the PDF icon above or below, and for further information on our client, please visit mitchamcouncil.sa.gov.au
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Bernie Dyer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Bernie, Christian Gaszner or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8827.