Dairysafe (Dairy Authority of South Australia) administers the South Australia Primary Produce (Food Safety Schemes) (Dairy) Regulations 2017, monitors compliance by accredited producers with the Food Standards Code and, in so doing, supports innovation, promotes best practice and provides consumer confidence in food safety and quality.
An exciting opportunity has emerged to lead Dairysafe through its next strategic phase delivering its vision to be a Collaborative Industry Partner in the Safe Production of Dairy Products for all Consumers.
Reporting to the Board, the successful candidate will have senior management experience and be responsible for:
- Dairysafe’s core values of Excellence, Knowledge, Independence and Agility;
- implementing the 2018 – 2021 strategy in concert with the State’s Food Plan;
- leading, developing and supporting Dairysafe’s dedicated team;
- maintaining strong and productive relationships with government, industry and other key stakeholders both within South Australia and nationally;
- delivering professional industry auditing services;
- continuously improving business and technology management practices;
- raising the profile of Dairysafe to give momentum to key strategic objectives;
- proactively identifying, developing and delivering new business initiatives consistent with Dairysafe’s core purpose and objectives;
- actively promoting Dairysafe’s vision that Enables the South Australian Dairy Community to Embrace a Food Safety Culture.
Applications are invited from appropriately experienced and qualified individuals with the business acumen, credibility and energy to ensure Dairysafe provides an independent, relevant and quality service to the industry.
Paramount to the role will be the ability to demonstrate sound judgement, integrity and timely decision making capability through the lens of issues management across multiple stakeholders.
Food safety, informed by technical and or regulatory knowledge, would be highly desirable with experience in the dairy industry an advantage.
Exceptional communication, collaboration and engagement skills are required for success in this dynamic environment with a genuine passion for and ability to add value to South Australia’s flagship food sector.
For further information on our client, please visit dairy-safe.com.au
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Andrew Reed by email to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Andrew or Gill Manser on (08) 8100 8827.