Located on the Adelaide sandbelt, Glenelg Golf Club is recognised internationally as one of Australia’s leading championship courses and private golf clubs. With a healthy level of membership, Glenelg GC offers outstanding membership privileges and opportunities, including a world class golf course, modern clubhouse with extensive bar and bistro facilities, and a challenging golf program for players of all levels. The Club has maintained its proud tradition and heritage whilst responding to the changing needs of its members.
An exciting opportunity has emerged to appoint a suitably qualified professional to oversee the operations of the Club and contribute to the future of this truly unique golf club. Reporting to the Club Captain and Committee, responsibilities of this pivotal management role include:
- controlling the finances of the Club;
- administering the golfing operations of the Club;
- working closely with the Committee to shape the Club’s brand, and seeking out relevant marketing/PR opportunities to promote Glenelg GC as a world class facility;
- implementing strategies to retain existing members and continue to grow the membership;
- overseeing the continued growth and success of the extensive and award winning Food & Beverage and Function operations;
- selecting, encouraging and developing staff to achieve their maximum potential;
- ensuring legislative compliance (including acting as Licensee);
- working with the Club’s Committee and liaising with reciprocal clubs, Golf SA, Golf Australia and other key sporting bodies.
Applications are encouraged ideally from applicants with experience managing a similar golfing or related hospitality establishment or those in a leadership role seeking to take the next step in their career. As the Club embarks on the implementation of Northstar, IT system implementation experience will be highly regarded, as will exposure to the application of contemporary marketing, PR and brand strategies. High levels of commercial acumen, complemented by superior communication, negotiation, stakeholder engagement and management, and leadership capacity are all essential qualities sought, as is the authenticity, integrity and credibility necessary to inspire others.
For further information on our client, please visit glenelggolf.com
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Justin Hinora by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to either Justin or Lucy Dinnison-Mitchell on (08) 8100 8830.