The Berri Barmera Council is situated in the heart of the Riverland, approximately 230km from Adelaide. Centred on the townships of Berri and Barmera, Council serves over 10,000 residents with a budget of around $17m. Known for its fantastic climate and waterfront lifestyle, Berri Barmera is one of the premium viticultural and horticultural areas in Australia.
Reporting directly to Council, key result areas for this pivotal role include:
- managing the resources of Council effectively and efficiently to ensure sustainable performance and a high level of service delivery within a positive and values based organisational culture;
- facilitating the decision making and leadership of Council through provision of advice, support and information and ensuring the delivery of the vision and objectives of Council in a positive and collaborative manner;
- cultivating an engaged community by building and maintaining a strong, healthy and vibrant community through new and sustainable opportunities, activity and infrastructure;
- identifying and acting on opportunities to strengthen the economy, development, infrastructure and the environment within the Council area;
- creating and supporting productive and strategic relationships with the community, local and regional key stakeholders and other levels of government.
Applications are encouraged from appropriately qualified and proven senior managers with experience in a diverse service based organisation. High levels of commercial acumen, complemented by superior communication, negotiation, stakeholder management and leadership capacity are all essential qualities sought, as is the warmth, empathy and good humour necessary to bring people along with you. Most important is strength in the ability to work with people through listening and discussion to fully understand and appreciate the challenges facing the Region. Direct experience in local government will be well regarded but is not essential.
For a job and person specification, please client on the PDF icon above or below, and further information on our client, please visit berribarmera.sa.gov.au
Applications in Word format only should be forwarded to Justin Hinora by email to email@example.com
Telephone enquiries are welcome and may be directed to Justin or Emily Taliangis on (08) 8100 8849.